I think one of the cutest things are girls and how they act when they’re all love smitten. At least I think the ones who don’t lose their head and are attractively smitten are cute. I love listening to them talk about this guy who captured their heart until every once in awhile in a blue moon, she ends her praise with a “But he’s in a relationship”.
I guess it’s not so much that part that annoys me as much as the part when they ask if they should call, if they should text, if they should swing by their work and “conveniently” say hello. Um, no. No you shouldn’t. Not if you have any smarts left in that brain of yours.
I have reasons why you shouldn’t try to go after guys in relationships and this is why:
- HE’S IN A RELATIONSHIP!!!
- Did you not see how that whole thing went down with ScarJo and Bradley on He’s Just Not That Into You? It was terribly awkward and you will feel like a whore.
- You deserve more than a guy who’s obviously with someone who you know…kinda makes him happy.
- For you to assume that you’re the better person for this guy is just you being an arrogant diva. Once you get him, then what? You won the game and now you get to live with your new reputation as a homewrecker.
- Have some dignity and self-respect.
What especially gets me is when women go after married guys who have kids. This is just self-centered. I mean, really? What are you accomplishing for yourself? Needless to say the dude’s a total dumbass if he actually goes for it (my dad was). So if you’re in the middle of going after a married dad, here are some of the consequences thereof:
- You will be a dad’s girlfriend/potential stepmom and they will hate you.
- It won’t ever be just about you and your man. He is a family man and when his kids need him, you can bet he’ll be there.
- Most men, if given the choice, will choose their kids over you. Unless they’re messed up in the head.
- If he has a daughter, you will struggle every day of your life.
- You will have awkward run-ins with his used-to-be wife and if you have a conscious you will feel guilty.
Now I’m not putting all the blame on you because this dude is a jackass. Who wants to be with a guy who would drop his family for a woman? And who’s to say that he won’t cheat on you one day? Just a thought.